The opinions expressed in this post are strictly those of the author and do not necessarily reflect opinions or positions held by Indivisible Northampton-Swing Left Western MA.
President Biden and the Democrats have passed many laws to benefit all Americans, and now it’s time for us to celebrate these wins. They’ve made tremendous progress on the economy, jobs, fighting inflation, and tackling climate change. These important bills required Democrats as diverse as Bernie Sanders and Joe Manchin to find agreement despite their differences. They did it to help all Americans. They did this over and over – and against the nearly unanimous obstruction of the extremist GOP. Let’s celebrate these big wins:Read more
- March 2021: American Rescue Plan Act, $1.9 trillion to save the economy during Covid, by supporting public health, governments, businesses, and everyday Americans.
- November 2021: Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, $1.2 trillion to rebuild our country’s infrastructure, such as roads and bridges.
- June 2022: Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, the first real gun control legislation in years.
- July 2022: CHIPS and Science Act, a huge science bill including billions to make critical computer chips in America.
- August 2022: Honoring our PACT Act to provide healthcare for vets exposed to toxins during their service. It passed despite multiple Republicans voting against it.
- August 2022: Inflation Reduction Act, the largest investment our country has ever made to fight climate change. It’s a huge victory which will begin to save our planet. It also lets Medicare negotiate some drug prices to lower costs, and helps Americans pay for health insurance. And it includes a 15% minimum tax on rich corporations’ profits, too.
It’s easy to overlook the many good things being done in our country. While the MAGA Republicans focus on fear, hatred, and divisiveness, we are happy to celebrate these Democratic wins which will benefit all Americans, and make our country a better place to live and raise families in the future. We are proud of these accomplishments that the Democrats delivered. Let’s be sure to remember in November.
Pelle LoweRead more